West African bitcoin drive
The conference is organized by Ghana’s Dream Bitcoin Foundation (DBF), which shares the principles of the SLLG and believes economic freedom transcending national boundaries is the best way to build African economies.
The DBF’s campaign page for the seminar reads:
“We will also demonstrate to them how bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are the irrepressible tool for Liberty, which will rapidly replace the existing corrupt system that keeps them all in poverty and suppression.”
The DBF is working in conjunction with bitcoin entrepreneurs both locally and from the US. In addition to organizing the conference, the DBF is also experimenting with the idea of its own local cryptocurrency, called Dreamcoin, as a promotional and educational tool.
Both DBF and SLLG hope that cryptocurrency use, bitcoin or otherwise, will streamline local economies as well as open up new markets internationally for local sellers.
Images courtesy Sierra Leone Liberty Group
- ^ Sierra Leone Liberty Group (www.sllg.info)
- ^ donations via bitcoin (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ skyrocketed to over 4,000 (www.bbc.com)
- ^ World Health Organization (www.who.int)
- ^ two (blockchain.info)
- ^ addresses (blockchain.info)
- ^ homepage (www.sllg.info)
- ^ Dan McLaughlin (daniel-mclaughlin.com)
- ^ first regional Bitcoin Seminar (www.indiegogo.com)
- ^ Dream Bitcoin Foundation (www.dreambitcoinfoundation.org)
- ^ in conjunction with bitcoin entrepreneurs (bitcoinmagazine.com)
- ^ group’s website (www.sllg.info)
- ^ Africa (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Charity (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ ebola (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Ghana (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Sierra Leone (www.coindesk.com)