Following the success of CoinDesk’s popular app for iOS devices, we are pleased to announce the launch of an equivalent version for Android.
The application features quick access to the latest digital currency news and analysis, of course, along with the latest bitcoin prices and price charts, network statistics, price alert notifications and a currency converter.
However, in keeping with the times, our devs have tweaked the appearance in accordance with Google’s latest Material Design principles – as employed in Android 5.0 – resulting in a more consistent users experience and ‘flatter’ look.
The app’s homepage (pictured above) features the price denominated in USD, with intraday highs and lows, market cap, daily BPI price change and network statistics, including the hash rate and network difficulty.
The charts page (pictured below) offers standard and open-high-low-close (OHLC) candlestick charts. Four timescales are available: day, week, month and year.
As for the news reader component, it allows quick access to the latest news and features. The reader, along with the rest of the app, is available in both landscape and portrait modes.
The application also includes a currency converter and a straightforward price alert tab, which will notify you if the price crosses a certain threshold.
Our screenshots were mostly grabbed on a Nexus smartphone running Android 5.0.1 (Lollipop), but the app is designed to work on all devices running Android 2.3.3 and later versions of the operating system.
- ^ application (play.google.com)
- ^ bitcoin prices (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ network statistics (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ currency converter (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ familiar with the iOS app (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Material Design (www.google.com)
- ^ available for download (play.google.com)
- ^ [email protected] (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Android (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Application (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ CoinDesk (www.coindesk.com)