Bitcoin payments provider Paymium has partnered with one of the world’s largest point-of-sale (POS) providers to allow European brick-and-mortar retailers to accept the digital currency.
Specifically, Paymium has created an app that is being hosted on the Telium Tetra Marketplace, a payment application suite developed by Ingenico Group solely for its POS terminals. The app allows merchants to accept bitcoin payments and convert them to euros instantly.
Michel Léger, EVP global sales and marketing at Ingenico Group, said:
“We are very pleased to partner with Paymium to enrich our dedicated Business Applications Marketplace. This allows us to bring more value to merchants through our terminals, enabling them to offer their customers a new consumer experience.”
About the companies
Ingenico Group says it has a commercial presence in more than 125 countries through 80 offices and an extensive network of partners. It boasts 22 million POS terminals installed worldwide and an annual revenue of €1.3bn in 2013.
Paymium notably partnered with online fashion retailer Showroomprive.com to allow it to accept bitcoin payments back in September.
- ^ Paymium (paymium.com)
- ^ Ingenico Group (www.ingenico.com)
- ^ €1.3bn in 2013 (www.telecompaper.com)
- ^ partnered with online fashion retailer Showroomprive.com (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Bitpay Blog (blog.bitpay.com)
- ^ Europe (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Payments (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Payments Network (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Paymium (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ POS (www.coindesk.com)