Bitcoin in the Headlines is a weekly analysis of bitcoin media coverage and its impact.
If there was remaining doubt that digital currency applications of bitcoin have taken a backseat to distributed ledger use cases, the October edition of Bloomberg Markets illustrated how fast this narrative is gaining traction.
“It’s all about the blockchain,” read the cover of the monthly magazine, currently on sale, the slogan referring to bitcoin’s underlying distributed ledger and the growing contingent of financial executives who believe the technology will dramatically reshape how they do business.
Personifying this transition was the magazine’s cover star, 46-year-old Blythe Masters, the CEO of blockchain startup Digital Asset Holdings (DA) and a 27-year JP Morgan veteran best known as one of the early proponents of the credit-default swap.
The interview, Masters’ first lengthy sit down as DA CEO, further shed new light on how big banks are seeking to leverage the technology, a narrative that also surfaced in the week’s other dominant stories.
Master of the blockchain
- ^ monthly magazine (www.bloomberg.com)
- ^ go full time (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Overstock’s tØ.com (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Symbiont (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ MarketWatch (www.marketwatch.com)
- ^ American Banker (www.americanbanker.com)
- ^ The Wall Street Journal (blogs.wsj.com)
- ^ Safello (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Ars Technica (arstechnica.co.uk)
- ^ The Sunday Times (www.thesundaytimes.co.uk)
- ^ Quartz (qz.com)
- ^ The Daily Mail (www.dailymail.co.uk)
- ^ TechCrunch (techcrunch.com)
- ^ BitPay (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ large public contract (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ laying off staff members (qntra.net)
- ^ Q2 State of Bitcoin (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ continued reports (www.reddit.com)
- ^ Shutterstock (www.shutterstock.com)
- ^ Bitcoin in the Headlines (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Blythe Masters (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Digital Assets Holdings (www.coindesk.com)