Philippines-based exchange Coins.ph today released a mobile bitcoin wallet app with features the company says are aimed squarely at emerging market use cases.
As well as standard wallet functions, the Android-only app allows users to buy and sell bitcoin through various channels, top up prepaid mobile phones, pay bills, and even work as a mobile remittance service by converting to Philippines pesos.
- ^ Coins.ph (coins.ph)
- ^ millions of Filipinos (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ is huge (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ actively chasing (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Rebit.ph (rebit.ph)
- ^ BuyBitcoin.ph (buybitcoin.ph)
- ^ this TED presentation (www.ted.com)
- ^ from Coins.ph (coins.ph)
- ^ Google Play (play.google.com)
- ^ Philippines pesos (www.shutterstock.com)
- ^ Asia (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Philippines (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Remittances (www.coindesk.com)