New York-based daily financial services newspaper American Banker has announced that it will hold a one-day conference this July aimed at bringing the traditional financial services industry up to speed with developments in the bitcoin and digital currency ecosystem.
American Banker has been one of the more vocal mainstream publications on the subject of bitcoin, with executive editor Marc Hochstein even serving as an emcee and panel speaker at April’s Inside Bitcoins NY conference.
The event, to be held on 29th July in New York City, will focus on how bitcoin and digital currencies are impacting a diverse array of industries, including foreign exchange, remittances, online payments and more.
Hochstein, who will serve as conference chairman, said that the conference will also take aim at the distorted ways that bitcoin is often portrayed by mainstream news publications, saying:
“Our conference will cut through the sensationalism and rhetoric that have clouded the conversation around this technology and hone in on the business possibilities opened up by decentralized electronic ledgers.”
Keynote speakers for the event include Ripple Labs CEO Chris Larsen and Circle CEO Jeremy Allaire. Traditional financial giants will also be represented by Lester Joseph, manager of Wells Fargo’s financial crimes intelligence group; Jordan Modell, CEO of Internet Archive Federal Credit Union; and David Cotney, chairman of the CSBS Emerging Payments Task Force.
- ^ American Banker (www.americanbanker.com)
- ^ Inside Bitcoins NY conference (www.mediabistro.com)
- ^ Ripple Labs (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Circle (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ Lester Joseph (www.americanbanker.com)
- ^ Jordan Modell (www.cutimes.com)
- ^ David Cotney (www.mass.gov)
- ^ CSBS Emerging Payments Task Force (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ visit the official event website (www.americanbanker.com)
- ^ Google+ (lh5.googleusercontent.com)
- ^ American Banker (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ events (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ New York (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ USA (www.coindesk.com)