Who says bitcoiners are always hunched over their computer screens?
Sure, the digital currency lends itself to a loyal crowd of computer scientists and
geeky tech-savvy enthusiasts, but over the past few months a new group has shown its proclivity for bitcoin: artists.
Even bitcoin’s biggest skeptics would admit that despite all else, the digital currency sure is captivating.
While some bitcoiners spend their time closely following the news or monitoring their mining operations to get their crypto-fix, it seems like bitcoin has become a muse for a number of creatives who use fine art as a medium to express their fascination.
Whether it’s through oil paintings, sculpture, or other mixed media, these 10 pieces of bitcoin artwork showcase the creativity of some of the bitcoin community’s finest artists.
1. The Last (Bitcoin) Supper by Youl
- ^ become a muse (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ eBay for $1,075.00 (www.ebay.com)
- ^ purchase for $550 (bitcointalk.org)
- ^ here (werk-schau.blogspot.de)
- ^ Cryptsy (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ for sale for $4,320 (www.bitpremier.com)
- ^ spoken out (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ /u/YesterdaysNews2 (www.reddit.com)
- ^ formerly held (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ 1 BTC and [a] shipping address (www.reddit.com)
- ^ Satoshi Nakamoto (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ the artist (www.bitpremier.com)
- ^ Michal Cander (www.michalcander.pl)
- ^ The Time Is Now (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ cartoonish and colorful style (www.dangribben.com)
- ^ available for $10,000 (www.bitpremier.com)
- ^ cover story (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ clear his name (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ artwork (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ bitcoin artwork (www.coindesk.com)
- ^ lists (www.coindesk.com)